Sunday, September 30, 2007
Boom Review
I just finished reading a book Cindy gave me from MVHS. It is Hello, Groin by Beth Goobie. She's a Candian author so there are some words that are not used as much in the US. The book is about Dylan(female) who is trying to figure out herself sexually. She has a wonderful boyfriend, Cam, and a best freind, Jocelyn. The problem is that Dylan is more attracted to Jocelyn than Cam. As the story progresses Dylan decides she is a lesbian and has to break to news to Cam, her family and the whole school. The story shows a very supportive family, principal that admits his mistake in censoring Dylan's library display, and librarian who is a friend to Dylan. The book probably belongs in the high school libraray because is presents the gay side of life and there are those kids struggling just like Dylan. Would love to hear someone else's comment. Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I ordered this book because it was one of the nominees for Top Teen Reads of 2007. I asked Linda to read it because I have not had time and wanted to see what she thought. I plan to read it as soon as I finish a couple Pete Hautman books. Would love to hear what the other High School folks think.
Cindy
Post a Comment